Thread: DH2 or Machete? Help, can't decide!

Question DH2 or Machete? Help, can't decide!

Hi guys, just joined the forum. I'm looking for some advice on whether to get to DH2 or the Machete, and what size i should get.

First off, i am 16 yrs old, 6'1", 165lbs, size 11 (US) boot. I snowboarded for 3 years, and then stopped entirely for 1 season (for irrelevant reasons). I got back into it this winter, but my board sucks and i'm having a hard time getting back into snowboarding. my board: 155cm 5150 Nomad with Firefly CO:2 bindings.

I love to ride park and i really want to progress in doing jumps and learning to do spins, cool tricks on boxes, and start to hit rails. However, i want something that will hold up in powder should i go to the mountains (i have a season pass at Canada Olympic Park, so i normally ride groomers).

So, my question is, which board should i buy: the Machete, or the DH2? or maybe some other board? Also, which size should i buy? i really think my feet would need a wide board, but i dunno what length of board? If it helps, i use the newest model of the Ride Orion boot (2010/2011, i think? whichever model is on the website). I have no idea which bindings i'm going to use, probably a discount model from last year since i'll already be shelling out so much cash on a board.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Username; 12-16-2010 at 11:48 AM.

Default Re: DH2 or Machete? Help, can't decide!

Both boards can handle what you're looking for... just depends on your flex preferences. With the Orion boot, you should get the wide model in either board.
    Last edited by Mr_Tidbit; 12-16-2010 at 07:00 AM.

Thanks, Mr_Tidbit, but what would be a better length? with the machete, is the 157w a good length for me? with the DH2, would a 156w or a 159w be better?

alright, but i need a wide because the Orion doesn't have any kind of reduced footprint, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    alright, but i need a wide because the Orion doesn't have any kind of reduced footprint, right?
    Correct

alright. but do you think that the 157w Machete might be too long a board for park riding?

At your height and weight it's fine.

alright, i think ill have to go with the 157w Machete. ill save about $100 from the DH2 anyways. Next step is finding a store that has that size. Thanks!