Thread: wedgie footbeds

Question wedgie footbeds

I have the 09/10 contrabands, they came with the 2.5 wedgies and i am looking to buy the 4.0 and can not find them any where. Does any body know where you can purchase just the footbeds without buying a new pair of bindings?

Default Re: wedgie footbeds

If you hit your local shop up now, they can probably special order you a set if they aren't bringing any in. When they come back into stock at store.ridesnowboards.com you'll be able to buy them again if your local Ride dealer doesn't stock them. That should happen sometime in Sept or early October.

sweet! thanks. I am actually starting a job monday at sports store that sells Ride product.

Check your PM

I noticed that ride is setting up to sell the wdgie's as an accesory this season, so stoked
    Peace

Quote Originally Posted by scorpusfly View Post
    I noticed that ride is setting up to sell the wdgie's as an accesory this season, so stoked
    They were available last year as an accessory last year as well. The problem was with how tight shops were with their budgets, most didn't bring them and just did special orders for them. I think with the popularity of the wedgie and how it is through the entire lineup you'll see more shops stocking them on shelves this season.

they say the 2.5 wedgie is good for rocker boards, how bout my Atomic Axum (older model) tons of camber would it feel ok on that?

it feels good on everything =D haha i run it on my DH which has minimal but still traditional camber, its not just the slope but it provides a vibration barrier =D
    2009 Ride Antic 154 w* Flow Flite 3 15 -5
    2010 Ride DH 153 w* 2010 Contrabands 15 -15
    2008 Rocky Mountain ETSX 30
    Kona Jake the Snake

LOTS of pics and video of stuff i do. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert...50090452380377

Hey Ya'll if you can't find a shop that sells Wedgie pads or strap upgrade kits you can always find them at the Ride Store: http://ridesnowboards.com/accessorie...g-upgrade-kits

I have the '09/'10 Delta's and was looking at the wedgies. Do I need to make any mods to the bindings to put these on? IE: scraping the existing padding off? Also, my ankle straps are maxed out to center on my boots, will the wedgie affect this? (size 13 Van's, 11-13 Delta's)
    FEAR IS THE MIND KILLER

Quote Originally Posted by Kanadianboarder5 View Post
    they say the 2.5 wedgie is good for rocker boards, how bout my Atomic Axum (older model) tons of camber would it feel ok on that?
    Wedgies are good for every deck period. They say specifically with rocker as it really allows you to drive energy and pop just like you do when you olly a skateboard. But it's just as good on Regular camber and reverse camber too.

The big benefit is the alignment that you get out of it. By having your hips, knees and ankles aligned, you have less stress on your joints. They have done wonders for my knees of which have had injuries too. My father-in-law, who is an orthopedic surgeon, loves his so much he joked that he was going to prescribe them to his patients that snowboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Tidbit View Post
    Wedgies are good for every deck period. They say specifically with rocker as it really allows you to drive energy and pop just like you do when you olly a skateboard. But it's just as good on Regular camber and reverse camber too.

The big benefit is the alignment that you get out of it. By having your hips, knees and ankles aligned, you have less stress on your joints. They have done wonders for my knees of which have had injuries too. My father-in-law, who is an orthopedic surgeon, loves his so much he joked that he was going to prescribe them to his patients that snowboard.
    so what wedgie would be best for mostly jibbing and some jumping along with some cruising on the slopes?... on my axum

Quote Originally Posted by Kanadianboarder5 View Post
    so what wedgie would be best for mostly jibbing and some jumping along with some cruising on the slopes?... on my axum
    Probably 2.5

Probably 2.5
    can u answer just one more question? its the last thing i asked in the optimo thread

thanks i just ordered them in medium!

Quote Originally Posted by evl4fun View Post
    I have the '09/'10 Delta's and was looking at the wedgies. Do I need to make any mods to the bindings to put these on? IE: scraping the existing padding off? Also, my ankle straps are maxed out to center on my boots, will the wedgie affect this? (size 13 Van's, 11-13 Delta's)

09-10 Deltas came with Wedgie 2.5's. You sure you have 2009-10's?

Quote Originally Posted by evl4fun View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWild View Post
    Sorry I missed this...

evl4fun, Vans Boots traditional have a long footprint, bulky instep and a narrow toe box. So it isn't a surprise that you're maxing out your delta straps. They will stretch some as they break in, but it won't be a lot and you still may max them out. You may want to consider a boot brand that has a lower volume and footprint if you're rocking a size 15. (Ride, Salomon, Burton).

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWild View Post
    Must be 08/09's they don't have a wedgie's that much I know. My shift disc's do have a threaded hole in the center though. :/ This is the model/year I have.

Sorry I missed this...

evl4fun, Vans Boots traditional have a long footprint, bulky instep and a narrow toe box. So it isn't a surprise that you're maxing out your delta straps. They will stretch some as they break in, but it won't be a lot and you still may max them out. You may want to consider a boot brand that has a lower volume and footprint if you're rocking a size 15. (Ride, Salomon, Burton).
    It's all good man. I'm running size 13's not 15's. Over the years I've rented a couple different brands of boots and found that Van's always fit me the best. Last year I tried on several pairs of Burton (Only thing sold locally) and none fit right. I bought my boots off craigslist last year, and they are 03/04 High Standards. I got them cheap and they fit me perfect, plus I got to try them before I bought them. I'm wondering if a more modern pair (Vans) would have a smaller foot print? I am going to upgrade my boots sometime this season, I'm going to wait till I go to Co. this winter to get some though.

In any case, for my original question. Do I have to remove the padding that the white arrows are pointing to? Leave the pads that the red arrows are pointing to? If so, how do I go about this? And how much would this raise up the footbed?

FEAR IS THE MIND KILLER

evl4fun, I attached a link to when Lindz modified his older binding.

http://my.ridesnowboards.com/showthr...hlight=footbed

This may help you out with pluses and minuses to doing it.

Otherwise you could probably find a pair of last years for right around $120 or so.

Yeah I read that post over on SBer.com. So I would have to go through that same process? I don't really want to replace my bindings this year. I only put like 25 days on them and they still look new.
    FEAR IS THE MIND KILLER

Moving to Binding section.

Hi guys, I wonder whether all wedgie footbeds are standart for all ride binding models. I have a Ride El hefe and lost one pair of the foot beds. I have checked accessories sold by online ride store but not able to see any foot beds available. I would appreciate if you give me some advice how to find a new pair for my binding. Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Riverside View Post
    Hi guys, I wonder whether all wedgie footbeds are standart for all ride binding models. I have a Ride El hefe and lost one pair of the foot beds. I have checked accessories sold by online ride store but not able to see any foot beds available. I would appreciate if you give me some advice how to find a new pair for my binding. Thanks...
    No, not all wedgies are compatible between bindings. Hit up your local dealer and have them order you a set, or go to the link below and make a request to get a pair directly from Ride.

http://ridesnowboards.com/support/parts
    Check out reviews and videos for all of the 2013-2014 Ride Gear on Shradtastic.com
    Follow me on: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube

No, not all wedgies are compatible between bindings. Hit up your local dealer and have them order you a set, or go to the link below and make a request to get a pair directly from Ride.

http://ridesnowboards.com/support/parts
    Thank you for your answer, Mr.Tidbit. I wonder whether el hefe bindings come with any spare pair when you buy it from the store or 3 pairs(2.5/4/5) only.