View Poll Results: Which board are you getting?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Highlife UL

3 37.50%
  • Berzerker

2 25.00%
  • Both

1 12.50%
  • I still don't know!?!?

2 25.00%
  • A different board

0 0%

Thread: 2013 Highlife UL vs. 2013 Berzerker Review

Default 2013 Highlife UL vs. 2013 Berzerker Review

I will have a full written review coming soon for both decks, but while I'm putting that together check out this video I did at SIA comparing the two boards.

Last edited by Mr_Tidbit; 04-04-2012 at 06:42 PM.
    Check out reviews and videos for all of the 2013-2014 Ride Gear on Shradtastic.com
    Follow me on: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube

Default Re: 2013 Highlife UL vs. 2013 Berzerker Review

Nice vid, i like what you guys did with next years Highlife, i wish it had been out this year. Since I just bought a Bezerker though I prob won't be getting anything new for a couple seasons. I'm pretty happy with the Bezerker though, it's a super fun board.

As the season progressed and I got more comfortable, something I noticed about the Berzerker was that I couldn't charge as hard as I might want to without feeling somewhat uncomfortable at higher speeds. I'm comparing it to the way I can ride on my Concept UL. I know theyre two different boards, but when on the Concept, that confident feeling returns in an instance. I like to ride hard and this is one area where I felt the berzerker lacked. I rode alot of ice this passed winter living on the East Coast and I wonder if that can contribute.

Now I tried staying on the Zerker all season and when I was in any fresh snow at all(CO/VT), I didn't notice that feeling I'm talking about, but when I was on Groomers or hard pack/ice, I felt so much more stable and confident on the Concept. But in fresh snow the Berzerker felt wonderful.

Do you think this is just a camber vs rocker thing, or do you think the highlife would give me a more stable feeling underfoot with the UL core? I know this is just snowboarding and I shouldn't overthink it and it should just be fun, but I'm guess I'm looking for something fun and carvy like the berzerker, but stable and confident like the concept. Would the highlife be what I should look at? Or something else? There's so much out there now in the hybrid world.

I love the Concept UL, I am just looking for something a little more playful.
    Last edited by dbkid0486; 03-26-2012 at 03:41 PM.

In your case, I think it is a camber vs. rocker thing... You're just more comfortable on camber.
    Check out reviews and videos for all of the 2013-2014 Ride Gear on Shradtastic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Tidbit View Post
    In your case, I think it is a camber vs. rocker thing... You're just more comfortable on camber.
    Would you say the all mtn hybrid has the least amount of rocker in rides lineup?

out of their rocker boards.
    Last edited by dbkid0486; 03-26-2012 at 03:47 PM.

dbkid,
    I noticed the same thing last yr when i went from a cambered board to a K2 Slayblade. A rocker board isn't going to carve groomers the same as a cambered board. My Bezerker is better than my Sladeblade on groomer IMO. But the Berzerker prob only has like 2mm of camber compared to 7-10 mm that most cambered boards have.

Quote Originally Posted by dbkid0486 View Post
    Would you say the all mtn hybrid has the least amount of rocker in rides lineup?

out of their rocker boards.
    Eh... If you want to get technical the amount of rocker on the nose of the Highlife and Berzerker is about equal to the amount of prorize rocker on the nose & tail of the Buckwild.

When I first saw the new Ride catalogue I was disappointed in the Berzerker's new graphics, but after watching your preview, I'm definitely getting the new Highlife next year. Compared to the 2011 Highlife, how does the stiffness compare? I miss my old Highlife (but am loving my Salomon Sick Stick as a replacement!)

Quote Originally Posted by DrnknZag View Post
    When I first saw the new Ride catalogue I was disappointed in the Berzerker's new graphics, but after watching your preview, I'm definitely getting the new Highlife next year. Compared to the 2011 Highlife, how does the stiffness compare? I miss my old Highlife (but am loving my Salomon Sick Stick as a replacement!)
    The UL stringers have been toned back for 2013, so it's not as damp. IMO the 12 highlife was a bit too damp and that took a bit of the response away from the overall feeling and a bit of pop. But with the toned back UL Core the board feels more responsive and has more pop, but it's not over the top.